My first time in a spin class: ‘I’m unable to escape. My feet are locked to the bike’

In her fortnightly review of fitness and wellbeing activities, comedian Jennifer Wong endures two wheels, 45 minutes and the sounds of 50 Cent

* Get our weekend culture and lifestyle email




A spin class combines three seemingly unrelated things – cycling, nightclubs, and affirmations – to offer a cardio workout in the dark with loud music and words of encouragement (also loud).

I learn this one Wednesday lunchtime at a Cyclebar studio in Sydney. Cyclebar is the largest indoor cycling franchise in the world, and the feelgood vibes began immediately with the uptown funk of Mark Ronson playing in the locker area. Shannon, a cheerful team member, fits me with white, futuristic shoes. They have a dial on the side to tighten the fit, and the soles are designed to lock to your bike’s pedals. Thinking about the obsolescence of shoe-laces, I clip-clop my way to the spin studio and choose a bike at the front.

Sign up for the fun stuff with our rundown of must-reads, pop culture and tips for the weekend, every Saturday morning Continue reading...


http://dlvr.it/T3hqDJ

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post