I have long wanted to be more relaxed about time – luckily, an external force is helping me overcome my intense punctuality | Rebecca Shaw

I’m always on time. I’m like the fat little canary they send down the mines, but to check for vibes. Problem is, it often causes stress

* Get our weekend culture and lifestyle email




There is a trope within the queer community that we are always running late to things. I was reminded of this last weekend during Mardi Gras (a concentrated source of events for people to be late to), when I found myself fighting off hordes for the (reserved!) table I was sitting at alone for too long. I had been, as usual in my life, the first person to arrive. The gay exception to the rule.

I am nearly always on time, the first one at the gatherings or dinners, the greeter of all my friends who straggle in at various degrees of lateness, each with their own individual relationship to time and its significance.

Sign up for the fun stuff with our rundown of must-reads, pop culture and tips for the weekend, every Saturday morning Continue reading...


http://dlvr.it/T3lRkJ

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post