Ulez made me try to scrap my car, but TfL is stalling me

I’m on my fifth scrappage application because it keeps finding fault with my documents

I live in the newly expanded ultra-low emission zone and, since I own a 19-year-old car that is not compliant, I applied for a grant to replace it under Transport for London’s scrappage scheme. I am now on my fifth application in four weeks! The reasons for refusal range from vague to ridiculous. The first rejection letter claimed my V5C document was incomplete. When I rang for clarification, it turned out that the scan, while including the full page, didn’t show the edges of the paper.

The second rejection was because although I’d scanned my insurance documents, some of the pages didn’t include the company logo. In the third, I was wrongly informed that my car had a Statutory Off-Road Notification (Sorn) and was therefore not taxed, something they could have checked on the DVLA website. The other rejections were due to the V5C being in my maiden name. I had spoken to TfL customer services about this in advance and had been advised to send in my marriage certificate with my application. As there is nowhere to upload your marriage certificate in the application process, I had to upload it in the same pdf as my V5C. Continue reading...


http://dlvr.it/SxbbSP

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post