Sunday with Michael Morpurgo: ‘We go to the pub where I was inspired to write War Horse’

The children’s author on lunch at the pub that changed his life, alcohol-free Guinness and games with grandchilden

Up early? I get up at eight o’clock. My wife, Clare, and I listen to the BBC World Service on the radio all night and I know when eight o’clock comes because little beeps go off in my ear. Sometimes I wake in the morning having dreamed of a wonderful idea for a story, ask Clare what she thinks… and she’ll tell me the story was on the radio.

How do you relax? I’ll read and listen to a piano or violin concerto in the sitting room – my favourite composer is Mozart – or I mightwatch football. I don’t follow a particular team, but I care about teams that are doing surprisingly well. Continue reading...


http://dlvr.it/Sy5Wcx

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post