A new start after 60: My job threatened to make me ill – so I moved out of London and started a magazine

Mich Maroney, 61, moved to West Cork and launched Swerve, a literary and arts magazine, in 2022. Now her cottage in Skibbereen has become a creative hub Mich Maroney has always known what she wanted. As a little girl, she loved painting and told her family she was going to be an artist. “I was so young that I didn’t even know what it meant,” she says. “But my dad had this huge book on art and suddenly I knew, yes, this is what I’m going to do.” Maroney, 61, was born in Hong Kong to a British father and a Macanese mother. When she was eight, the family moved to London, where she later worked as a visual artist and supported herself with administrative jobs. Continue reading...
http://dlvr.it/SvwP5j

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post