I don’t qualify for London living rent, so pay more to a private landlord. What are my options?

I thought scheme would be perfect but my £30,000 salary is less than minimum requirement Q This is a long shot but out of my desperation I thought it’s worth at least trying to raise the question, even if you won’t be able to help. I am a single mum and have been renting from a private landlord in Hounslow since 2016, paying £1,100 a month for a one-bedroom flat for most of the time, until the rent was increased to £1,300 a year ago. I thought that the concept of London living rent would be the perfect thing for me, until I read that I cannot qualify for a one-bedroom apartment that is part of the scheme locally with a monthly rent of £987.74 (which I know I can afford) because my salary of £30,000 is less than the £36,000 minimum household income requirement. I find it tragic how I am deemed unsuitable even for London living rent, not even talking about ever getting a mortgage. What is a person like me supposed to do? My only option is to keep on paying even higher rent to a private landlord and thus crushing any hopes of ever making any savings: I cannot understand why poor people are excluded from qualifying for cheaper rents. AS Continue reading...
http://dlvr.it/SsHfZ9

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post