E.ON’s prepayment meter forced us out of our home

Every time we topped up, we were paying down some of the previous tenant’s debt, so we couldn’t afford to heat our flat My daughter and I were on the housing register for 11 years before being given a flat last September. Unbeknownst to me, the previous tenant owed £2,000 to the gas supplier, E.ON, and a prepayment meter had been installed. Every time I topped up, a large chunk of my money would disappear and the supply would continually cut out. E.ON was clueless whenever I contacted them. By December, the lack of reliable heating forced us to move out. The only solution E.ON could offer was to post a new top-up card during the Royal Mail strikes. When it finally arrived, it didn’t work. Only after I contacted Citizens Advice did E.ON discover the debt linked to my account. It removed it and promised to send a new top-up card, which never arrived. Continue reading...
http://dlvr.it/Ssl3yr

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post