Why I quit the softball team – and wrote Star Wars fan fiction and princess novels instead | Meg Cabot

Was my coach right that I had ‘no hustle’? It was time to come clean about my real passions – whether those around me liked it or not * Meg Cabot is the author of over 90 books for adults and children, including the Princess Diaries Cabot’s got no hustle.” I was 10 years old when I overheard the coach of my girls’ softball team utter these words. I could see Coach standing in the bright sunlight of the ball field, but she couldn’t see me – I was huddled deep in the cool shade of the dugout, where I admittedly spent most of my time during practice and games. She had no idea I was listening to every word she said. “I’d play Cabot more,” Coach complained to our assistant coach, who was standing beside her with a clipboard. “But she just won’t hustle.” Meg Cabot is the author of more than 90 books for adults and children, including The Princess Diaries. The Quarantine Princess Diaries is out now, with 10% of her English-language royalties going to support Vow for Girls, which campaigns against child marriage Continue reading...
http://dlvr.it/SnhYYK

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post