O2 Arena showed a dismal attitude to my disability

The venue boasts of a ‘gold standard’ customer service award, but it made a concert visit impossible I hope you can help with the dismal way the O2 Arena treats folks with disabilities. In July 2020, I spent £338 on tickets for two Elton John performances – a seat for myself on one night, and one for myself and my daughter on another. The concerts were due in November 2021, but postponed until May this year after Elton John had a fall. In the meantime, I was diagnosed with motor neurone disease. I can’t attend gigs on my own and cannot manage the stairs required to get to my seats. As I’m a frequent gig-goer, this has been replicated in many other big venues and all, except O2, have swiftly and efficiently changed my booking to accessible seats with a carer. O2 simply suggests I turn up and they will see if they can accommodate me, but no guarantees. This seems appallingly out of step with trying to make access easy for everyone, and completely blind to the problems I have even getting out of my front door now, let alone making a long journey into London. They’ve stuck to this position even after a 75-minute wait to talk to their “accessibility” team. My main concern is they sort out the evening with my daughter as it’s her birthday present. The ticket for my solo attendance will have to be passed to a friend as I can’t attend alone. SK, Billingshurst, West Sussex Continue reading...
http://dlvr.it/SlbK1l

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post