A moment that changed me: I lost my memories in an accident. A song brought them flooding back

A decade later, I’d lost hope of ever recollecting my childhood or recovering my creativity. A hit from the 80s changed everything The thing about waking up with no memories is that you don’t realise what you’ve lost until people start telling you who you are meant to be. That’s where my journey began, 20 years ago. I woke up as a 19-year-old, having survived a serious road accident and the subsequent surgery to remove a blood clot from my brain. I had broken my back but, although it was painful, I could walk and talk. Yet there was a lot missing. I was alive, but I was not the teenager who had crossed the road and been hit by a black cab that night. He was gone. I had lost my childhood memories. Continue reading...
http://dlvr.it/SlfJsm

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post