I couldn’t sleep. I cried at night. But I had to help the women devastated by the floods in Pakistan | Abida Channa

When the rains came last autumn, I was among the millions made homeless in Sindh province. Here is why – months later – I am still helping to patch up ruined lives * Read more: Pakistan families still hungry and homeless months after the floods The floods in Pakistan last year were frustrating, heartbreaking and on a scale unseen in my lifetime. Hundreds of thousands of homes collapsed, streets were inundated and millions of people were made homeless. My home in Naseerabad, a town in the Qambar Shahdadkot district of Sindh province, was flooded and unlivable. With my children and husband, I moved to my mother’s house. We were four families living in one room – my sister, brother and their children too. More than 20 people were living under one roof, which we worried would collapse on top of us. But I was lucky to have a place to stay. Millions didn’t. Continue reading...
http://dlvr.it/Sj5pNW

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post