So you decided to stop drinking? I did - and these are my year’s lessons

Abstaining from alcohol is increasingly being destigmatized as more of us consider a booze-free holiday At first, ankle deep, then wading deeper and deeper, a surge of waves crashed into my thighs as I braced against the tidal tug. My friends were on the beach, unfurling towels and applying sunscreen. I had no time for those chores. I wanted the ocean. I had never been on a tropical island, let alone to the Caribbean. It was also my first sober vacation with my four best friends from college, a friendship tallying 20 years. I had quit drinking seven months earlier, when the days were short and dark. The season had felt like an appropriate match to confront a reckoning with alcohol that was decades in the making. Continue reading...
http://dlvr.it/SgFZC0

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post