‘I loved being a Workaway host but now Brexit has ended it in the UK’

I was privileged to host international travellers wishing to work in exchange for lodgings but tighter entry rules have made it impossible When I first heard about Workaway it sounded too good to be true, and perhaps in some ways it was: a website on which travellers could exchange their skills for free accommodation sounded like something that only happened in dreams. Perhaps that’s what appealed to me about it – the triumph of community over cash. When I moved to a ramshackle Somerset cottage without enough skills to do the renovations myself, or money to pay tradespeople, I turned to Workaway for help. For the past year it has kept me in labourers and friends. Continue reading...
http://dlvr.it/Sh0FPb

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post