Bill Callahan’s listening diary: ‘My daughter makes me listen to Harry Styles 20 times in a row’

The US songwriter guides us through a few days in sounds, from his son’s love of the Hamster Dance to Texas’s local Mexican radio stations and Traxman 7.13am I listened to Alfalfa sing You Are So Beautiful to Me to Darla from the Little Rascals on YouTube. I was double-checking that the little girl’s name was Darla because I was writing a text to my sister that referenced Darla being on the shortlist for my daughter’s name. My shortlist, not my wife’s! That song popped up and I couldn’t resist. I watched the original show when I was a kid and it’s a pretty great show. I think my wife was into the remake movie, but I was too old when it came out. Continue reading...
http://dlvr.it/SZ75F2

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post