Do you feel burnt out? Know that it’s not just about working too much | Caroline Dooner

Our culture doesn’t understand burnout – including the fact that we can get burnt out on a perfectly ‘normal’ 40-hour work week A few years ago, I found myself really burnt out. Well, at the time, I wasn’t actually sure that’s what it was. At first “burnout” seemed like a dramatic way to describe what I was experiencing. But I was really, really tired. I was struggling to motivate myself and looking at my calendar starting filling me with a sort of low-grade dread. But the confusing part for me was that on the surface there wasn’t any obvious reason why I would be so tired. It didn’t seem warranted. I didn’t deserve to be so tired. Sure, I was busy, but no more busy than anyone else. So what was wrong with me? Caroline Dooner is the author of The F*ck It Diet and the forthcoming book Tired As F*ck: Burnout at the Hands of Diet, Self-Help, and Hustle Culture, and the host of The F*ck It Podcast Continue reading...
http://dlvr.it/SJ9vbL

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post