Is it weird to sing my kids lullabies? Maybe, but science is clear about the benefits | Sophie Brickman

Singing to a child is as important to the singers as the listeners – something parents should remember as we seek to quell our raging anxiety When my eldest daughter was just a few months old, I threw her in a carrier and took her on a train to visit my friend, the chorus of Sisters Are Doin’ It For Themselves looping in my head. I arrived, giddy and smug in the notion that my adorable new addition hadn’t disrupted my life one bit, placed her in the crib set up in my friend’s guestroom, put my hand on the doorknob – and that’s when she started to scream. Which she did for the entire night. Twelve hours. Fourteen hours? Could have been 18. I lost count. I’d never seen her so furious. I’d never seen her so continuously awake. Tender shepherd, Tender shepherd, Continue reading...
http://dlvr.it/SJ6bkY

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post